Doin' it East Coast style.
Splash and sparkle: so-easy seafood feast
- WHY: Traditional New England clambakes are the ultimate conversation starters, making them great for mixing different groups of friends.
- GET: Seafood boil seasoning, clams, lobsters, shrimp, potatoes, onions, kielbasa or Andouille sausage and corn. And lots of butcher paper (we’ll get to that).
- HOW: Boil the seafood in seasoned water, then do the same with the sausage and veggies. Cover a table with a waterproof tablecloth and cover with butcher paper. When it’s time to eat, strain your food and serve right onto the table.
- SKIP: The silverware. Traditional dump dinners like these are all about finger food.
- MIX: Queen Bees. A touch of honey sweetness is just the thing in contrast with the savory meal.
Assemble the ingredients:
- 1½ oz. La Marca Prosecco
- 1½ oz. New Amsterdam Gin or Citron Vodka
- ¾ oz. lemon juice
- ¾ oz. honey syrup
- Peeled cucumber slices
Muddle the cucumber slices and shake all ingredients except La Marca. Strain into a champagne flute while simultaneously pouring in your Prosecco. Garnish your gin cocktail with a twist of cucumber peel.